Sawyer Robot – Introducing the Smart, Collaborative Robot for Manufacturing
Sawyer is a new breed of smart, collaborative robot from Rethink Robotics. Sawyer redefines how robots will be used in manufacturing around the world and presents a low cost, flexible automation solution to businesses.
Sawyer is a revolutionary new high performance smart, collaborative robot designed for machine tending, circuit board testing and other precise tasks which other robots are just not suited for. Sawyer also provides the same great safety features, flexibility, ease of training and user experience that current users experience with the Baxter robot which has always been a key downside with traditional industrial robots.
Small Package, Big Performance
Sawyer is faster, lighter, stronger and more precise than Baxter. Cleverly designed to be able to be able to operate and reach in smaller spaces, Sawyer can work side-by-side with human co-workers in a smaller space. With a 7 degree of freedom arm and an impressive 1260 mm reach Sawyer can manoeuvre into the tightest of spaces which opens up a whole variety of new applications.
Improved Vision System
Sawyer features a new embedded vision system, with a head camera for wide view applications and a Cognex camera in its wrist that can support many complex vision tasks. With the Cognex wrist camera and Robot Positioning System, rapid re-deployment and dynamic re-orientation takes even less time, and with many more features being added Sawyer will only keep on improving.
Sawyer Robot – Technical Specification
- Weight (Without Pedestal): 19 kg (42 lbs)
- Payload: 4 kg (8.8 lbs)
- Degrees of Freedom : 7
- Maximum Reach : 1260 mm
- Repeatability : 0.1 mm
- Actuation: Series elastic actuator and Harmonic Drive, with optical encoder
- Force sensing: High-resolution force sensing embedded at each joint
- Embedded Vision: Wide field camera in the head and Cognex camera with built-in light source in the wrist for precision vision applications
- Software: Intera, with software updates every 4 months
- IP Rating: IP54
- Expected lifetime: 35,000 hours (5 years)
- Safety Approvals: Internationally Accredited Certifications
Want to meet Sawyer in person?
We can come to you at a time to suit you and let Sawyer give you a personal presentation.