Careers at Active8 Robots
It’s an exciting time for our business and as we continue to grow we need the right people in place to help us achieve our goals and be part of the ongoing robotics journey.
If you’re looking for a new challenge and enjoy working in a fast-paced environment then take a look at our current opportunities.
Full-time position based in Chilcompton, Somerset
Active8 Robots supplies cutting-edge, robotic automation solutions to some of the world’s most prestigious companies. It’s an exciting time as the company continues to grow and we are on the lookout for talented individuals to join our automation team.
Our solutions involve many types of automation systems including robotics (industrial, collaborative and mobile), sorting and conveying, control systems, vision systems, sensing technologies and process development and optimisation.
The role will involve concept design, planning, sourcing and implementation of automation solutions, that will include robotics, conveyors, sorters, scanners, vision systems, PLCs etc. The ideal candidate will have worked on numerous robotics projects and be fully conversant with Safety Systems, Safety Standards, Risk Assessments and how to apply them.
We are looking for an individual that is a self-starter who can work independently and provide a level of creative and innovative thinking.
Ideally, the candidate would have the attributes listed below, although every applicant will be reviewed of overall merit and compatibility with existing team.
- 5+ years Robot or Automation Application Development experience
- Educated to degree or equivalent with proven track record.
- Experience with Industrial, Collaborative, including hardware, software, peripheral devices etc.
- Knowledge of PLC, PC Based controls systems and communication protocols like Ethernet IP, Ethercat, DeviceNet, Etc.
- Extensive experience programming, troubleshooting robotic systems, vision systems, force sensors, collaborative grippers, etc.
- Strong analytical, organizational and communication skills. Ability to manage multiple ambiguous projects at the same time with a moderate degree of variation and uncertainty.
- Machine Design Skills
- Automation Design & Development
Applicants should apply in writing to the following email address including a cover letter and c.v. [email protected]