Careers at Active8 Robots
Salary negotiable depending on experience
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN FILLED
Active8 Robots supplies cutting-edge, robotic automation solutions to some of the world’s most prestigious companies. We inspire our engineers to learn and grow and be part of a winning team, committed to putting our customers first. We are passionate about developing innovative solutions that make our customers’ products and processes better. To do this, we hire extraordinary people whose energy, passion and commitment shine through.
If you are an automation expert with hands-on experience in reviewing and analysing production processes and generating cohesive plans for improvements, looking to join a creative emerging technology company, we are looking for you. You will be experienced in developing written proposals and providing independent advice to enhance automation and robotic integration in an industrial environment.
In this position, you have the opportunity to work across both the sales and engineering teams, to be directly engaged with our customers, helping develop solutions that make their products and processes better. Our team are genuinely interested in technology and love to get involved finding novel answers to challenging problems.
The role involves concept design, planning, sourcing and implementation of automation solutions. You will help specify and implement solutions with a focus on robotic tooling and process automation. The ideal candidate will have worked on numerous novel projects and be fully conversant with robotic automation systems.
The creative solutions we develop will be deployed around the UK and will directly impact the next generation of consumer electronics, automotive and aerospace components, pharmaceuticals, and a wide variety of other important products.
In return you will get a friendly work environment with like-minded individuals, competitive salary, health insurance, industry standard training courses and access to cutting edge technology to realise your design ideas.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provide process automation expertise, carry out surveys, produce reports and propose robotic automation solutions to clients to improve productivity and efficiency
- Participate in brainstorming meetings and propose creative solutions in the development process
- Create reports, written proposals and presentations for both internal and external audiences
- Be actively involved in the proof-of-concept experimental design and execution
- Support and install systems on site at customer plants
- Ability to travel relatively extensively both domestically and internationally
- Clear and concise communication to multiple levels within the organisation
- Review of customer requirements, internal designs and compliance with specifications
- Creation of system documentation including manuals for customers and safety procedures
- Testing & validation of designs
- Failure investigations, independent thinking and problem solving
Required Skills & Experience:
- Degree in an engineering or physics related discipline. Alternatively, an equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Several years of relevant work experience, ideally in a technical, industrial automation solutions field
- Ability to understand and be familiar with complex technologies and control systems
- Effective collaboration skills
- High level of personal integrity, ability to professionally handle confidential matters
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- A proven record of accomplishment with excellent references
- Dedication to accomplishing project and corporate goals
- Ability to work with core Microsoft tools (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook)
- Proven ability to deliver results in a busy and dynamic business focused environment
- Full driving licence
Desirable experience of:
- CAD packages, ideally Solidworks
- Robot programming using Rethink, ABB, Kuka or Universal Robots
- Programming and configuration of PLC and HMI systems
- Controls systems design from concept to implementation
- Designing and building bespoke or special purpose machinery