We love to inspire people to learn and grow as part of a winning team, always committed to putting our customers first. We are passionate about developing innovative solutions to make our customers’ operations better. To achieve this, we seek to hire extraordinary people with energy, passion and commitment. Our employees are our assets and we understand that without them we would not be who we are today.
We are currently on the lookout for a hands-on and proactive Chief Operating Officer to develop and implement strategic plans and oversee the day-to-day administrative and operational functions of the company
- Oversee company’s daily operations working closely with CEO/MD and other Executive Managers to implement company’s vision and strategic plans.
- Assess, review and improve operational processes and procedures in line with company objectives and delivery contracts.
- Implement systems to measure the effectiveness of all company related processes, internal and external, apply cost effective measures and provide timely, accurate and complete performance data reports on the operating condition of the company.
- Provide effective team and project management leadership, including overseeing project completion timelines, monitoring project costs, and ensuring client needs and expectations are met.
- Be conversant with relevant statutory regulations ensuring company products and services provided are in full compliance with applicable industry standards and regulations.
- Formulate, implement, monitor and review company’s Health & Safety policy and procedures including risk assessments.
- Provide leadership to create an environment that motivates people, communicating effectively and ensuring that they are fully aware of what is expected of them also to encourage and recognise their efforts.
- Liaise with all departments to ensure service delivery is achieved on time, in full, in accordance with budget and quality standards, to fulfil the customers’ expectations and with the most effective use of company resources.
- Oversee and ensure that the methods and procedures used comply with ISO 9001 and company’s QMS system. If not make the case to change the procedures.
- Manage operational risks and encourage continual improvement.Maintain operational contact with clients, suppliers and subcontractors visiting them as required.
- Assist with bid preparation and other agreements.
- Keep abreast of technological innovations in robotics and automation fields and make recommendations of their impact and application to the business.
- Attend such training courses and seminars as are considered necessary to attain, update and maintain the knowledge and skills necessary to fulfil the requirements of the post.
- Appraise staff annually, evaluate performance, assess knowledge and skills, deal and resolve problems arising.
- Carry out any other duties necessary for this position as required by the company.
Experience in a leadership role at middle or senior management level involving effective management of people, systems and processes. A degree level education in a technical discipline with a successful track record of developing and implementing operational systems and meeting targets.
Knowledge and experience
- Designing and implementing business strategies, plans and procedures.
- Experience in a leadership role at middle or senior management level involving effective management of people, systems and processes.
- A degree level education in a technical discipline with a successful track record of developing and implementing operational systems and meeting targets.
- Setting comprehensive goals for performance and growth.
- Establishing policies and promoting company culture and vision.
- Overseeing company daily operations working alongside with other Executive Managers (Marketing, Sales, Finance, Engineering etc.).
- Evaluating performance by analysing and interpreting data and metrics.
- Writing and submitting reports to the MD/CEO in all matters of importance.
- Assisting MD/CEO and participating in expansion activities (investments, acquisitions, corporate alliances etc.).
- Managing relationships with partners/vendors.
- Evaluating operational performance, analysing data and creating KPI metrics.
- Implementing and leading continuous quality improvement processes.
- Understanding and overseeing compliance with applicable statutory rules and regulations including H&S, Quality and Environmental Management Systems.
- Monitoring industry trends including competitor activity & performances by using analytical frameworks, strategic business models and tools to interpret and translate the results for the benefit of the company.
In addition the COO should:
- Have a proven track record in strategic new business development.
- Have technical sales experience.
- Have strategic development experience.
- Have engineering, operations and process implementation experience.
- C-Level negotiation and presentation experience.
- Have strong internal and external stakeholder management skills.
- Have knowledge and experience of Quality (ISO9001), Environmental (ISO14001), CDM, and H&S Management Systems.
- Be adaptable.
- Be consultative.
- Be a self-starter.
- Be proactive.
- Be personable.
- Be willing to travel in the UK and worldwide if required.
- Be knowledgeable in the Engineering-Manufacturing operations and the needs and capabilities of each Company Department.
Qualifications for a Chief Operating Officer
- The COO should have extensive experience within the Engineering-Robotic Solutions field.
- At least 15 years experience, climbing the corporate ladder.
- Must be a resourceful problem solver and must possess strong leadership skills.
- Educationally, the COO should at a minimum possess a bachelor’s degree (BSc), in Engineering or Science.
- Master’s in Business Administration (MBA) and other qualifications-training would be an added advantage.