Careers at Active8 Robots
Electrical Team Lead
Salary negotiable depending on experience
Active8 Robots supplies cutting-edge, robotic automation solutions to some of the world’s most prestigious companies. We inspire our engineers to learn and grow and be part of a winning team, committed to putting our customers first. We are passionate about developing innovative solutions that make our customers’ products and processes better. To do this, we hire extraordinary people whose energy, passion and commitment shine through.
If you are an Electrical Engineer looking to join a creative emerging technology company, we are looking for you. You will be experienced in the design of electrical and control systems, software configuration for PLC and HMI/SCADA systems and commissioning in an industrial environment. Also, you will be curious about Active8’s enabling technologies, looking for a position where you will be challenged and will learn new technologies and grow.
In this position, you have the opportunity to work across both the sales and engineering teams, to be directly engaged with our customers, helping develop and install solutions that make their products and processes better. Our team are genuinely interested in technology and love to get involved finding novel answers to challenging problems.
The role involves concept design, planning, sourcing and implementation of automation solutions. You will help specify and implement solutions with a focus on robotic tooling and process automation. The ideal candidate will have worked on numerous novel projects and be fully conversant with safety systems, safety standards, risk assessments and how to apply them.
The creative solutions we develop will be deployed around the UK and will directly impact the next generation of consumer electronics, automotive and aerospace components, pharmaceuticals, and a wide variety of other important products.
In return you will get a friendly work environment with like-minded individuals, competitive salary, industry standard training courses and access to cutting-edge technology to realise your ideas.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities :
- Mentor and develop our team of electrical engineers/apprentices providing them with guidance and direction
- Lead the team from a project management, oversight and reporting perspective
- Liaise with customers and other project stakeholders
- Electrical system design for novel robotic and custom machinery solutions
- Controls systems design from concept to implementation
- Lead proof of concepts, experimental design and execution
- Support and install of systems on site at customer locations
- Ability to travel relatively extensively both domestically and internationally
- Communicate clearly and concisely at multiple levels within the organisation
- Review customer requirements, internal designs and compliance with specifications
- Input into and prepare customer proposals
- Create system documentation including manuals for customers and safety procedures
- Test & validate designs
- Investigate failures, think independently and solve problems
Required Skills and Experience:
- Degree in electrical engineering, or a physics related discipline. Alternatively, an equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Several years of relevant work experience with Siemens/Allen Bradley or Schneider Electric PLCs, Beijer HMIs, other PLC & HMI systems. Ideally in industrial settings.
- Familiarity with CAD packages, ideally EPlan and SolidWorks.
- Effective collaboration skills.
- Previous line management or project management
- High level of personal integrity, ability to professionally handle confidential matters concerning cutting edge technology.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- A proven record of accomplishment with excellent references.
- Dedication to accomplishing project and corporate goals.
- Ability to work with core Microsoft tools (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook).
Desirable Experience of:
- Software development, Python, C++ or Java
- Robot programming
- Mechanical design and prototyping
- You may have worked in one of the following roles: Scada Engineer, PLC Engineer, Automation Engineer, Field Control System Engineer, Control System Automation Engineer, PLC & SCADA Control Systems Engineer, SCADA & PLC Programmer.