Careers at Active8 Robots
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN FILLED
Salary negotiable depending on experience
Active8 Robots supplies cutting-edge, robotic automation solutions to some of the world’s most prestigious companies. We inspire our engineers to learn and grow and be part of a winning team, committed to putting our customers first. We are passionate about developing innovative solutions that make our customers’ products and processes better. To do this, we hire extraordinary people whose energy, passion and commitment shine through.
If you are a Mechanical Engineer looking to join a creative emerging technology company, we are looking for you. You will be experienced in designing, prototyping, assembling, supporting, and installing devices in an industrial environment. Also, you will be curious about Active8’s enabling technologies, looking for a position where you will be challenged and will learn new technologies and grow.
In this position, you have the opportunity to work across both the sales and engineering teams, to be directly engaged with our customers, helping develop and install solutions that make their products and processes better. Our team are genuinely interested in technology and love to get involved finding novel answers to challenging problems.
The role involves concept design, planning, sourcing and implementation of automation solutions. You will help specify and implement solutions with a focus on robotic tooling and process automation. You will be a natural problem solver, able to conceptualise a design, create it in software and then follow through on creating it for real. The creative solutions you develop will be deployed around the UK and will directly impact the next generation of consumer electronics, automotive and aerospace components, pharmaceuticals, and a wide variety of other important products.
In return you will get a friendly work environment with like-minded individuals, competitive salary, health insurance, industry standard training courses and access to cutting edge technology to realise your design ideas.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Hands on solution creation and implementation using various design and prototyping tools including the latest 3D printers
- Proof of concept, experimental design and execution
- Support and install of systems on site at customer locations
- Ability to travel relatively extensively both domestically and internationally
- Clear and concise communication to multiple levels within the organisation
- Review of customer requirements, internal designs and compliance with specifications
- Testing & validation of designs
- Failure investigations, independent thinking and problem solving
Required Skills & Experience:
- Degree in engineering, design or a physics related discipline. Alternatively, an equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Several years of relevant work experience designing and building bespoke or special purpose machinery, ideally also deploying them in industrial settings.
- Effective collaboration skills.
- High level of personal integrity, ability to professionally handle confidential matters concerning cutting edge technology.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- A proven record of accomplishment with excellent references.
- Dedication to accomplishing project and corporate goals.
- Familiarity with CAD packages, ideally SolidWorks.
- Ability to work with core Microsoft tools (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook).
Desirable experience of:
- EPlan electrical CAD software.
- PLCs & HMI systems, Siemens/Allen Bradley or Schneider Electric.
- Controls systems design from concept to implementation.
- Software development, Python, C++ or Java