At Active8 Robots we inspire our employees to learn and grow and become part of a winning team, committed to putting our customers first. We are passionate about developing innovative solutions to make our customers’ products better. To achieve this, we seek to hire extraordinary people with energy, passion and commitment. Our employees are our assets and we understand that without them we would not be who we are today.
If you are an organised person looking to join a creative emerging technology company, we are looking for you. You will be the type of person who likes new technology, working with suppliers and keeping things running smoothly. Also, you will be curious about Active8’s enabling technologies, looking for a position where you will be challenged and will learn new technologies and grow.
In this position, you have the opportunity to work in our engineering team helping to make our processes run effectively and ensuring we get the best deals in our purchasing. The role involves supporting both our bespoke customer solutions as well as our off-the-shelf products. The ideal candidate will have experience of technical purchasing and working with an accredited quality system such as ISO 9001.
In return you will get a friendly work environment with like-minded individuals, competitive salary, industry standard training courses and access to cutting edge technology to achieve your goals.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Operate our engineering purchasing function in conjunction with our financial team
- Gather purchasing requirements from engineering team, source quotes and for larger value purchasing, administer tender processes
- Track stock, match incoming and outgoing items against invoices and delivery notes
- Build strong relationships and negotiate with suppliers so that we are able to get the most from our expenditure
- Contribute to our ISO 9001 accredited quality management system (QMS), including document review, change management/version control and updates to ensure ongoing compliance
- Undertake audits of our processes
- Support the collection and monitoring of quality KPIs to assist in analysis of the data, identification of trends and production of QMS reports for management meetings
- Develop systems for ongoing administrative tasks in the team
- Take a continuous improvement approach to our processes and procedures
- This varied role also includes general administration support, ad-hoc tasks, errands and similar for the operations, engineering and financial teams.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Experience of technical purchasing in an engineering environment
- Familiarity with internationally recognised quality systems such as ISO 9001
- A pleasant, confident manner for dealing with a range of people, accompanied by strong verbal and written communication and negotiation skills
- Organised and methodical personality, able to multi-task, handling multiple requests at one time
- High level of personal integrity, ability to professionally handle confidential matters concerning cutting edge technology
- Proactive, self-starter who is able use initiative to accomplish project and corporate goals
- Ability to work with core Microsoft tools (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook).